Saturday, August 8, 2009

Here is a story about Pam...the salsa lady

Hello people!

I hope you all have made the salsa and enjoyed it. I told you it was GOOD! Anyway...let me tell you about Pam, she is my hero. I met her when I was working at this law firm downtown and she is the nicest lady you want to meet, very motherly and funny. She told me this story one time of being in a rollover accident when she was young and she had her daughter in the car with her. She was driving a VW Bug at the time, and this was back in the day when you didn't have to wear seat belts and car seats...what is a car seat? Yeah I am talking about WAY back in the 60's early 70's.... SO when the car flipped her daughter, who was a baby in a bassinet or I think she may have just been laying on the seat, went under the dash...Pam said they couldn't find her daughter at first because of where she was... scary huh?! Pam said that her and her daughter survived the accident with little or no life threatening injuries... BUT Pam loss her sense of smell. CRAZY!

I may even have the story mixed up with the fact that she also survived a head-on collision in which her best friend died. I couldn't get over the fact that she loss of her sense of smell...that stuck with me and became...well a joke... I would see her or someone eating something or someone would get flowers or coffee would be brewing and I would always say WITHOUT THINKING about it... Pam do you SMELL that? Or Pam can you smell that...to which she would always reply NO MATTIE I CAN'T!!!! Stop asking me that question.... And I would say oh snarky(clever huh).... I forgot....But I have never met anyone who could not smell it was just weird to me AND I had never met anyone who survived a rollover accident AND a head-0n collision talk about being BLESSED and touched by an angel....HELLO! ANYWAY Pam made this salsa once for a firm pot luck and I hounded her for the recipe, well actually I kept asking her to make it for pot lucks and 'just cause' I wanted some...SO when I asked her for the recipe she gave it to me...if I am not mistaken it is a family recipe that she makes every time her and her family get together... it is a family recipe for her and she shared it with me and I am sharing it with you...

Oh by the way...speaking of angels and being blessed beyond measure...believe it or not... Pam was in another rollover accident a few years ago...I just had lunch with her the other day she looks good. She is my hero!


See ya when I see ya

Peace! Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment