Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Have you ever tasted lava????

Hello People!

I hope this blog finds you all well! I have a short story to tell about the brittle recipe I posted the other day.

I went to a friend's house and we went walking because we are old and the mid section is not as small as it use to be. She at least has the fact that she has had 4 children...I can only attribute mine to Heineken. SAD! Anyway, we went for a trek in the forest behind her house and then we went back to her house for a 'lite' lunch. It was good she has a vegetable garden which she used to get the lettuce and tomatoes out of for our "turkey" sandwiches! YUM-O!

So after we rest and eat our sandwiches I ask if I could use her kitchen to make some peanut brittle, otherwise I would have to leave so I could go and make it at my mom's house. She said "SURE" help yourself! I get the ingredients out and I realize that although I have the butter, vanilla, baking soda, corn syrup, etc. I forgot the most important part to make the candy...the SUGAR! She had been making jam so she was out of sugar, so she had to borrow some from the neighbors! That should have been a hint and a half but I pushed through. We chit chat as I make the brittle and it gets to the color I like and I proceed to take it out of the microwave. Now common sense would tell you that when taking hot liquid, especially candy, out of the microwave one should use care and be cautious! Well I didn't want to keep imposing since I was already using her baking sheets and her Pam and the borrowed sugar....so I decided that I would just use a "paper towel" to hold the Pyrex dish that contains this lava liquid with NUTS. I keep talking as I pour out the brittle onto the prepared baking sheet, as I do some of it drops onto my finger. Can you say pain? YEAH it hurt....but that pain paled in comparison to the pain I felt when out of reflex I stuck my finger in my mouth! Have you ever tasted lava? Have you ever felt lava bubble up on your finger and your tongue? Lava is a very HOT thing and it does not play well with the flesh! Don't try this at home kids!!!!! Well actually try the brittle just make sure you use the proper utensils when handling the lava!

I hope you all enjoy your brittle! I did blistered finger and all!!!!:P)

See ya when I see ya


Peace! Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment