Friday, August 7, 2009

"Cause people like to say SALSA!" (Seinfeld)

Hello People!

This is an extension of my other blog namely, itsjustmattie.blogspot.com. I had someone suggest to me that I should write a book...then it was suggested that I should write a book with recipes in it, since I like to tell stories and cook. SO here is some recipes and some stories....hope you all enjoy it.

SALSA!!!

This recipe was given to me by my friend Pam S. I am putting her name her to give her credit for her recipe, that way when I become rich and famous no one will be able to say she stole those recipes!!! Smart huh? It can't be plagiarism if you give the author credit!

2 cloves of garlic
4-6 chillies (little dried red ones!)
1/2 cup ketchup (more or less)
salt and pepper to taste
blend in blender until well crushed
1 bunch cilantro (blend as much as you want)

ADD:

2-4 bunches of sliced green onions - or - any onion you prefer
2 cans chopped green chillies
2 large cans of either stewed or crushed tomatoes (depending on how chunky you want it & DON'T use the cheap stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!)
or
10-14 fresh tomatoes chopped (you can chop in blender if you want)

There you have it Pam's SALSA! It is good stuff

See ya when I see ya

Peace! Mattie

1 comment:

  1. That is some good salsa and yes everybody does love to say salsa. Cece

    ReplyDelete